I am all about EASY, and this recipe is quick to prepare and tastes great. Besides cooking up the rice at the end, the rest of the preparation is simply dumping in the ingredients. My kids love this too–they claim my crockpot Chinese meals are just as good as Chinese take-out.
What You Will Need:
- One pound boneless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Garlic Glove, Minced
- ¼ Cup Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- One Bag of Frozen Stir Fry Veggies
- Water chestnuts (cut up) or Onion (cut up). Water chestnuts are my preference
- You can add other vegetables as well if you like (e.g., extra broccoli)
- 2 tbsp. Corn Starch
- 4 tbsp. Water
(1) Dump all your ingredients (except the water and corn starch) into the crockpot, starting with the chicken
(2) Cook on low for 6 hours
(3) Take out chicken and cut up; it should fall apart fairly easy
(4) Add cornstarch and water, stir, and then cook for an additional 20 minutes.
(5) Cook rice as instructed on package
Serve over rice. You can also add La Choy Rice Noodles for extra goodness.
And, if you would like to save (freeze) for later, use these instructions:
- In large freezer bag 1, put all the ingredients except for the water and cornstarch.
- Follow the above cooking instructions.
Yes, it is that simple!