One word: Delicious!
I absolutely loved this soup and cannot believe how easy it was to make. It is always a hit when the entire family (cough, cough — my boys) likes it AND asks for seconds. Best of all, it is healthy.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can of corn
- 1 (12oz) bottle of beer
I ended up switching the beer to a pilsner — Baltimore’s Heavy Seas (good choice!)
- Can of chili beans, rinsed
- Can of black beans, rinsed
- 8 ounces of salsa (half of 16 ounce jar)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
I used one regular can and one can with green chilies:
I originally was going to use just one can but added the second
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
We use a lot of seasoning mix, so I buy a large bottle of Old El Paso Seasoning, Taco, 6.25-ounce
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
Pay close attention, it is very tricky . . .not! You take all of the above ingredients and DUMP them in a crockpot. Then, cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 hours. That’s it.
The only notes are (1) be sure to drain the beans and corn first and (2) make sure that the chicken is submerged in the sauce. (See photo — the chicken is soaked deeply in the yumminess of the ingredients).
And, if you would like to save (freeze) for later, use these instructions:
- In large freezer bag 1, put in the chopped onions, corn (drain first), beer, chili beans (rinse first), black beans (rinse first), salsa, and diced tomatoes.
- In large freezer bag 2, put in your two chicken breasts.
One thought on “Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup”