If you are in the mood for a little Chinese food, reward your taste buds with this beef and broccoli dish.
Tastes like your ordered out!
- 1.5 – 2 lbs. top round steak, beef chuck roast, or flank steak.
I learned that the meat will make a difference, so I recommend going with the flank steak especially if you can get it on sale. Beef chuck roast works well too.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets or one frozen bag
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Rice (4 Servings)
- 4 tbsp. of water
Spray the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray and then dump in the following ingredients: meat, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive or sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours in the crockpot.
Mix together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of water and then dump into the crockpot, along with the broccoli.
Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
Prepare rice separately and serve entrée over the rice.
And, if you would like to save (freeze) for later, use these instructions:
- In large freezer bag 1, put meat, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive or sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes.
- Separately, be sure to have frozen bag of broccoli florets, cornstarch, and rice on hand.
- Put freezer bag 1 and the bag of broccoli in the refrigerator the night before to defrost.
- Follow the above cooking instructions.
One thought on “Crockpot Beef and Broccoli”